At the mountain of Haukelifjell along the mountain pass of Road E134 is a rest stop, the Ståvatn Rasteplass. This rest stop is at almost 1000 meters in altitude and lies within Vinje Municipality in Vestfold og Telemark County. This is a perfect spot to enjoy the view of the Haukelifjell by looking out over Lake Ståvatn.
Things to Do and See at Ståvatn Rasteplass
If you drive across the mountain pass of Road E134 a stop at Lake Ståvatn is almost a necessity. In addition to finding a public toilet, you will also get an amazing view.
Lake Ståvatn is a mountain lake located at an altitude of 979 meters above the sea. The lake is according to some sources rich in brown trout.
Haukelifjell is a fairly large mountain area. Its highest peak reaches 1693 meters. This is an area famous for hiking, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
How to Get to Ståvatn Rasteplass
- Flights: Bergen Airport (BGO) is 199 kilometers to the west. It offers both domestic and international flights.
- Car: Ståvatn Rasteplass is located along Road E134 between Haukeli and Røldal.
The driving distance from 5 major Norwegian cities, according to Google Maps:
- Oslo – 279 kilometers (4 h 6 min)
- Bergen – 202 kilometers (3 h 53 min)
- Trondheim – 770 kilometers (10 h 26 min)
- Narvik – 1663 kilometers (24 h)
- Kirkenes – 2113 kilometers (28 h)
Find out more about other destinations in Norway by visiting our page Exploring Norway