Fogdö is a small island neighboring the island of Singö in the northernmost parts of the Stockholm Archipelago. The island lies within what was once Singö Parish in the historical province of Uppland, today a part of Norrtälje Municipality in Stockholm County.
Things to Do and See
The island might lack the tourist sights such as churches and historical monuments, but it is a place where nature is always within reach. The Baltic Sea is always near and the interior of the island offers forests and meadows. Exploring the island on foot usually means hiking the 4 kilometers across it, a distance that is also possible for cycling.
How to Get to Fogdö
- Flights: Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN) is 97 kilometers to the southwest.
- Car: Fogdö is along countryside roads north of Grisslehamn.
- Bus: Buses from SL connect Fogdö with the surrounding region.
The driving distance from 5 major Swedish cities, according to Google Maps:
- Stockholm – 119 kilometers (1 h 36 min)
- Gothenburg – 538 kilometers (6 h 40 min)
- Malmö – 727 kilometers (8 h 17 min)
- Linköping – 314 kilometers (3 h 44 min)
- Kiruna – 1216 kilometers (14 h 37 min)
Find out more about other destinations in Sweden by visiting our page Exploring Sweden