Lästringe is a settlement in Nyköping Municipality in Södermanland County. It is located along the railway between Nyköping and Vagnhärad. At one time in history, the trains stopped here, now they only pass by. Around 110 people live here in a rural part of eastern Sweden.
A Short History of Lästringe
The railway through this part of Södermanland was completed in 1913. This was the line between Järna and Nyköping, a line that in 1915 had been extended to Åby. A settlement developed around the new station and became what is today the settlement of Lästringe. The settlement has remained small. Now it has been several decades since the trains stopped here for passengers to embark and disembark.
Things to Do and See
This is a rural area with farmland and small forests. The church Lästringe Kyrka is a few kilometers to the north. While it is not possible to jump on the trains passing by, you can still to escape to a more urban environment in Nyköping or Trosa. Otherwise, there are plenty of countryside roads and forest paths to enjoy hiking or cycling along.
How to Get to Lästringe
- Flights: Stockholm Skavsta Airport (NYO)is 34 kilometers to the west.
- Car: Lästringe is along Road E4 between Nyköping and Vagnhärad.
- Bus: Buses from Sörmlandstrafiken connect Lästringe with the surrounding region.
The driving distance from 5 major Swedish cities, according to Google Maps:
- Stockholm – 79 kilometers (1 h 1 min)
- Gothenburg – 397 kilometers (4 h 19 min)
- Malmö – 541 kilometers (5 h 45 min)
- Linköping – 129 kilometers (1 h 26 min)
- Kiruna – 1310 kilometers (15 h 15 min)