Along the coast of the fjord Maurangerfjorden is the waterfall Furebergsfossen. It is the river Furebergselva that throws itself out towards the fjord creating an impressive waterfall. It is located close to the village of Ænes in Kvinnherad Municipality in Vestland County. This is the traditional district of Sunnhordland in western Norway.
Things to Do and See
The main sights here are the waterfall and the fjord. Both of these offer some great views, especially when the sunshine falls perfectly.
Furebergsfossen, the impressive waterfall, is visible from the small pocket for parking along the road. The waterfall is a part of the Forebergselva River at the point where it flows into the fjord Maurangerfjorden. The visible height is according to some sources 98 meters, while the total fall is around 150 meters.
Maurangerfjorden, or Maurangerfjord, is a branch of the much larger Hardangerfjord. This fjord is 12 kilometers long and the parking at the waterfall offers a great view across the water toward the surrounding mountains.
How to Get to Furebergsfossen
- Flights: Bergen Airport (BGO) is 91 kilometers to the west. It offers both domestic and international flights.
- Car: Furebergsfossen is located along Road 551 to the west of Odda, close to the village of Ænes.
The driving distance from 5 major Norwegian cities, according to Google Maps:
- Oslo – 372 kilometers (5 h 43 min)
- Bergen – 122 kilometers (2 h 24 min)
- Trondheim – 672 kilometers (10 h 11 min)
- Narvik – 1565 kilometers (23 h 38 min)
- Kirkenes – 2150 kilometers (29 h)
Find out more about other destinations in Norway by visiting our page Exploring Norway